Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 12:31am ·
It is a terrible feeling to have to put these two terms together, Suffocating Love. One would rightly term it an oxymoron and be true for most part. I daresay it comes from a dominating character of an individual to display such obscenity with not just a hint but a obvious display of pride, arrogance, self-centeredness and mere dumb ears. When for all it stands for love is one that shows grace, charm and great beauty, this is but a wretched manipulation by the repugnant soul so as to suffocate the other.
The popular quote: ‘if you love, let go’ started to make its true sense and understanding to have been exposed to such suffocating display of emotion (I wouldn’t even call it love now). Emotions and feelings could lead one into such dangerous and desperate measures when you start to fool yourself into loving another, but the action just doesn’t sum up!
- How much longer am I to wait for you? – Impatience.
- I am so better than him/her. – Pride.
- I wish both of you hell. – Cruelty.
- I can’t believe you’re happy without me. – Envy.
- You did this, you did that. – Record of wrongs.
- That moment you had a good time lashing out your anger on the one who stole your person. – Delight in evil.
- Please do me a favor (a seemingly humble request that uses politeness for a mask). – Self-centeredness.
Quarter of a century into life, I suddenly come to a conclusion: I think I don’t really know what love is, nor have I seen anyone show such a thing as love. I do not know what ‘happily ever after’ means; neither do I see love behind spying and stalking. Nevertheless, I do believe in love. And when it comes to it, I do not look up to anyone; I just read the most beautiful lines I’ve ever come across:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Faith, hope, love; and the greatest is love.